- Very hard water is water that has 8 grains per gallon of hardness.
- Utility provided water in Southern California can typically have 15 – 20 grains per gallon of hardness
- Clothes last longer and colors are brighter
- Dishes come out sparkling
- Hair and skin are more manageable and softer
- Plumbing fixtures and appliances last longer
- Cut soap usage by 50%
- Local water utilities use chlorine or chlorinate to disinfect water
- As this water travels to your home it breaks down into disinfection byproducts
- These chemicals create a taste/odor issues and are usually unwanted contaminants in clean water.
- Removes volatile organic compounds (VoCs)
- (TDS) Total dissolved solids can reach up to 600+ ppm in Southern California
- The EPA recommends 500 and below for drinking water
- Average TDS for bottled water is 20 – 100 ppm.
- Also reduces excess sodium from water softening.
- Provides clean, safe drinking water for coffee, tea and cooking.
- Reduces dissolved solids by 95%
Maintenance Required – Average labor rate is $110 to $130
- There is usually no preventative maintenance required for softeners.
- A homeowner can expect to add 4 -5 bags of salt to a salt tank every 4 – 5 months.
- The average family of 4 uses 1 bag per month
- Salt tanks hold 4 – 6 bags of salt.
Carbon Systems (whole house)
- Average cost is $300
- Carbon can last 7 – 10 years for typical 1.5 cu ft. backwashing system.
- Carbon filter cartridges ($80) can last 12 -18 months.
- Pre and post filters can be expected to last up to 12 months can cost $80 for a set of filters
- The membrane can last 3 – 5 years with a cost of $95
- On City water supplies, it is pretty straightforward: Chlorine and hardness are usually the biggest problems homeowners deal with. A quality softener and carbon filter are about as good as it gets. Add a reverse osmosis drinking water system and you’ve got a great package.
- For Well Water customers, we specialize in customized water systems based on the results of a detailed water analysis. No two Well Water samples are alike!
With 15 years of experience in installing and servicing most brands of water systems, we have a great advantage over large sales companies:
- We do not have to pay a subcontractor to perform your installation. As a licensed contractor we perform all sales, installation and service ourselves. No subcontractors means lower cost for you.
- We do not have any commissioned sales people and no high-pressure sales pressure tactics. You can even get a quote over the phone! No salespeople result in significant savings for you.